Westgate Lanes – Brockton, MA
It’s school vacation week and there is currently over 7 feet of snow outside. I’ve pretty much run out of ideas to entertain the kids at home so I was thrilled when my husband suggested we go bowling. Now I know there are a bunch of fancy swanky new bowling alleys out there these days but my family likes to bowl old school. Yes, that’s right. I’m talking carpet on the walls from the 1970’s kind of bowling.
We also love Westgate Lanes because they offer the “only found in New England” candlepin bowling. Balls the perfect size for my 2 and 4 year olds’ little hands to throw/drop down the lane. (They have regular bowling as well if that’s more your style) Now don’t fret, they’ve updated their systems to electronic scoring so you don’t have to bring out your math skills trying to figure out how to score a strike or turkey. Besides the carpet on the walls, it’s actually a nice, friendly, clean bowling alley to throw a few balls around on a cold day. We were there for some morning fun and were accompanied by quite a bit of families on either side. They even offer bumpers to make it a positive experience for the little ones.
All in all, had a great time with the family!
Few things to note:
- As with all bowling alleys, dont forget socks!
- They didnt have shoes small enough for either of my kids so they bowled in their boots. Might want to bring sneakers for next time (said smallest size was size 11)
- They offer birthday party packages
- They have a full restaurant there so you can get pizza, apps, etc
- There is a pretty substantial arcade as well
- Check their website for specials. They offer half price games pretty frequently
- Theyre open 365 days a year (Even Christmas!)
How to get there:
Route 27, 65 Westgate Drive
Brockton, MA 02301
(508)583-1297 or (508)583-1299